The Enrolment Process at many schools can seem arduous, but we are here to assist you in providing the documentation we need for our Statutory Obligations and College Policies.
The following is a guide as to what happens at each stage of the Enrolment Process.
Step 1: Enrolment Application
Complete the Enrolment Application Form and submit with the requested documents and the non-refundable Enrolment Levy of $75 per child.
- Bayside Christian College is pleased to welcome students to our community at any year level, pending availability of places and our Waiting Lists.
- Applications are considered in the order of ‘date of application’, so please apply as soon as you have made the decision. This will give you the very best opportunity to secure a place for your child.
- Students entering Prep must have turned four by June 30 in the year prior to entry, and for entry to Year 1, students must have turned five by June 30 in the year prior.
Step 2: Enrolment Interview and Screening Processes
Interviews with the Principal and Screening Processes usually take place 12–18 months prior to the desired year of entry for students entering Year 1–12. These time frames can vary depending upon the availability of places.
We ask that both parents attend the interview with their child, if possible.
Interviews for Prep are usually conducted 18 months prior to entry.
An Offer of Enrolment is usually provided following the interview with the Principal (or their Nominated Delegate).
Step 3: Enrolment Offer and Acceptance
Should an Offer of Enrolment be provided, parents must formally indicate their acceptance of the Offer in writing by completing the Acceptance of Enrolment Form.
The College observes its obligations under law in its Admissions Policy. An Offer of a place requires that the College is satisfied that the student has the ability to benefit from the College’s programs and that there is a reasonable gender balance at each year level.
Step 4: Getting Ready for Day 1 (for Enrolments commencing in January)
We will contact you and invite you and your child to attend an Orientation Day in the year prior to entry. This is a wonderful chance for you to meet other parents and the various staff who will be supporting and caring for your child.
Welcome to your journey at Bayside Christian College – may you too experience the Bayside difference!
The College maintains a list of applications for families wishing to enter the College but for whom no place is yet available or for those enrolling in the years ahead. Places at the College are provided to those students most likely to benefit from the College’s program and those who will contribute positively to the culture of the College.
As a Christian College, we expect that all families who join our community:
- Share a Christian Faith and are willing to support the Christian Ethos of the College; or
- Will support the Christian Ethos of the College even if they themselves do not share a Christian Faith.
The College will preference placement to siblings of current students, providing an application is made a minimum of 18 months prior to entry. Otherwise, the College will preference placements in order of receipt of the Acceptance of Enrolment Form.